1. From the Triborough Bridge
Take the Grand Central Parkway to the Van Wyck Expressway.
Take Van Wyck Expressway South to exit 1W, Belt Parkway West (Brooklyn).
* Take the Belt Pkwy to exit 17S (Crossbay Blvd., Howard Beach). Continue on Crossbay Blvd. south. You will cross over two bridges. The second bridge is a toll bridge. After going through tollbooth, stay to the right and follow the sign for Riis Park. This will bring you onto Beach Channel Dr. Go two traffic lights to Beach 108th St. and turn left. Go two more short traffic lights to Rockaway Beach Blvd. and turn right. Go three blocks to Beach 111th St. and turn left for Administration Building or go to Beach 110th St. and turn left for Residence Building. You will see the respective buildings on the left.
**The Administration Building on Beach 111th St. has an obvious entrance (with the awning and St. John’s name). As you enter the door you will see the Receptionist to your left.
The Residence Building on Beach 110th St. has two entrances. Go in the first entrance, i.e., and not the one near the ocean. As you enter the lobby, go through the doors to the right and you will see the Administrator on Duty in the Child Care Office.
2. From the Long Island Expressway
Take the Long Island Expressway to the Van Wyck Expressway. Take the Van Wyck south to exit 1B, Belt Parkway west. Then follow *above.
3. From Southern State Parkway
Take the Southern State Parkway west to the Belt Parkway to exit 17S. Then follow
directions from * (above).
4. From the Brooklyn Bridge
Take the Brooklyn Queens Expressway West to the Belt Parkway (keep following signs for Kennedy Airport).
***Take the Belt Parkway east to exit 11S, Flatbush Ave. South.
Go through the Marine Parkway Bridge tolls, over the bridge and follow signs for the Rockaways (you will stay to the left and go onto Beach Channel Dr.). Go to Beach 116th St. and make a right. Go one block to Rockaway Beach Blvd. and make a left. Take Rockaway Beach Blvd. to Beach 111th St. and make a right. Follow directions
from ** (above)
5. From the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel
As you come out of the tunnel, stay to the right and follow the signs for Kennedy Airport and the Verrazano Bridge. You do not want to actually go over the Verrazano Bridge, so stay to the left and you will get on Belt Parkway. Follow directions from *** (above).
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
1. IND SUBWAY LINE (from Manhattan/Brooklyn)
Take the “A” train Far Rockaway. Change at Broad Channel for the “S” (shuttle) train to Rockaway Park. Take to the last stop, Beach 116th St.
*When exiting the station, turn left and walk to corner.
**Turn left on to Rockaway Beach Blvd. and walk five blocks to Beach 111th St. Turn right. St. John’s is the red brick building on the left side at the end of the block. The name of the agency is over the front door on Beach 111th St. Enter through these doors and proceed to the Receptionist inside.
2. IRT SUBWAY LINE (from Manhattan/Brooklyn)
Take the number 2 or 5 train to Brooklyn College/Flatbush Ave. station (end of line).
Go upstairs to Flatbush Ave. and take the Green Line Bus (35) to Rockaway Park, Beach 116th St. Take the bus to the last stop, which is Beach 116th St. and Newport Ave. Walk along Beach 116th St. south 1 block to Rockaway Beach Blvd. Follow directions from ** in paragraph 1 above.
3. JAMAICA BUS (from Jamaica, Queens)
Take the Q113 bus from 169th St. and Jamaica Ave. to Far Rockaway. Get off at the last stop, which is Beach 20th St. and Seagirt Ave. Transfer to the Q22 bus and take this to Beach 110th St. Walk one block to Beach 111th St. and turn left. St. John’s is the red brick building on the left side of the block. The name of the agency is over the front door on Beach 111th St. Enter through these doors and proceed to the Receptionist inside.
4. TRIBOROUGH BUS (from Woodside, Queens)
From Roosevelt Ave. and 58th St. in Woodside, Queens, take the Q53, Rockaway Park bus to the last stop, which is Beach 116th St. Follow directions from * in paragraph 1 above.